Thinking about a jungle themed baby shower to celebrate the arrival of your little monkey?
If so, you will want to check out our ultimate list with tons of ideas to inspire you to throw the perfect Jungle Themed Baby Shower!
Before you Start…
Brainstorming ideas is a great way to get the creative juices flowing. Some things to consider are:
- Invitations – Put together a guest list and be sure to include all important friends and family.
- Decorations, colors (greens, browns, oranges, and yellows are ideal jungle theme colors), Desired location of the party (inside or outside in the garden or patio).
- Centerpieces – will you have one for the food and drink table or perhaps just for individual tables.
- Food and Drink. Appetizers are a great option for baby showers.
- Cake – Style and flavor. Decide if one big tiered cake is enough or perhaps a range of cupcakes will be best suited for the party.
- Favors to give the guest before they leave.
- Games and Entertainment – No party is complete without some fun games.
Now for your…
Jungle Themed Baby Shower
The first items to organize after deciding the guest list is Invitations.
If you decide to DIY your own, you could use wording such as…
- A little monkey is going to arrive, join the fun, and swing on by.
- We are wild with excitement that a baby is on the way, join us for a baby shower to celebrate the special day.
- Our jungle friends have gathered to say…a new baby is on the way. Join us for a baby shower to honor ‘person’s name’ special day.
Ensure you always include those key important information such as the date, time, place, location for the party, and RSVP details.
Next up is to figure out the decorations to help set the perfect scene. Sticking with your color theme, you can either buy or DIY decorations. Our ideas include:
- Cut out shapes of leaves.
- Place plants around the room to give it that Jungle feeling.
Be sure to check out Pinterest to find more fabulous ideas.
To finish the decorations, you can add a large centerpiece to the buffet table or smaller ones to the individual tables. This is a fun way to add some decoration to a table that fits within the theme and completes the overall Jungle Look.
- Candy Bouquet.
- Hurricane glass vase with sand surrounding the candle and plastic giraffes, lions and tigers resting in the sand.
- Flowers. On the vase have cutouts of cute baby monkeys and elephants to attach to the glass.
Food & Drink
Food and drink are always an important part of the party. Appetizers are an ideal choice for baby showers as it allows your guest to take small amounts of food that are easy to hold and eat. You could even get a bunch of these
- Mini-club sandwiches.
- Fruit skewers.
- Savory skewers with feta, cucumber, and cherry tomatoes drizzled with balsamic glaze.
- Cookies that can be decorated white with zebra lines.
- Mini quiche.
- Mini hotdogs.
- Bananas on a stick covered in chocolate and chopped nuts.
- Sliced vegetables with dip.
- Cheesecake stuffed strawberries.
It’s important that there is always drinks on offer for your guest. Have a few of the bubble variety available such as sparkling grape juice or lemonade that could go in a fancy glass. You can also get creative and make up some delicious jungle punch and name them to fit within the theme.
- Water Bottles with DIY stickers that say “water hole” on them.
- Jungle Punch- a mixture of ginger ale, juice, and lemonade or raspberry, lemonade and a dash of cream makes a delicious punch for all to enjoy.
- Swamp water/juice – add some fruits to the water to infuse it.
No party is complete without a cake! There are so many gorgeous cake ideas available it can be a tough decision as to what to get. Think about the mom-to-be favorite colors and flavors. Search on Pinterest for some cake inspiration.
Then decide if you want a traditional two-tiered cake or perhaps a center cake with cupcakes or jungle styled cookies around the side. To complete the cake, you can find adorable
Be sure to send your guest away with a cute favor or gift bag to help them remember this special occasion.
Favor ideas include:
- A little bag of sweets with a message attached that says “thanks for swinging by.’
- A gift box with animal cookies in it.
- A little bottle of body lotion or wash and attach your own jungle themed thank you sticker to it.
- A delicious smelling candle.
- Fill a mason jar with a loofa and some amazing smelling body wash and have a note saying ‘Thank you – from our shower to yours.’
Games and Entertainment
Enjoy a laugh or two by incorporating a few games into the event. Sticking with the theme of the jungle you could
Don’t forget to have music playing in the background to help set the perfect atmosphere. If you feel that you need some appropriate jungle music here are a few of our suggestions:
- Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N’ Roses.
- Run through the Jungle by Credence Clearwater Revival.
- The Lion Sleeps Tonight by the Tokens.
- I just can’t wait to be King by Elton John (Lion King Soundtrack).
- Roar by Katy Perry.
We hope this helps you to plan an amazing jungle themed baby shower for that special mom to be in your life!
Featured Image www.pixabay.com