There are many big decisions for new parents to make. One is the choice between breastfeeding and formula feeding.
How do you choose which is right for you and your child?
The best thing you can to is to make an educated decision between breastfeeding and formula feeding.
Pregnancy Chat is here to help!
Breastfeeding vs. Formula Feeding by PregnancyChat
- Superior nutrition
- Always available
- Perfect temperature
- Clean and sterile
- Attractive to baby
- Less to pack in a diaper back
- Provides all the immunities baby needs
- Contains living, beneficial bacteria to colonize baby’s intestinal tract
- Fewer health problems
- Lower risk of SIDS
- Health benefits for both mom and baby
- Reduced stress and lower risk of post-partum depression for mother
While breastfeeding has many advantages, it’s not always easy. It can take time and practice to get it down and can be exhausting for the mother.
“Be gentle with yourself if things aren’t perfect.” // PregnancyChat.com
The first two weeks tend to be the most challenging. If you can get through the first few weeks of breastfeeding, it’ll get much easier.
Formula Feeding Benefits
There are times when medical reasons prevent breastfeeding, along with medications, work, or lack of lactation. Some moms simply choose to not breastfeed. While the benefits of formula feeding are far less impressive than breastfeeding, they are just as meaningful to new moms:
- Baby sleeps for longer periods
- Nighttime feedings can be shared with partner or other family members
- Easier in public
- Can be less stressful
- Avoid cracked nipples
Be sure to watch the video for the full range of advantages, disadvantages, and tips!
The choice is yours.
Featured image source: www.pixabay.com