We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
There’s nothing quite as classic as a Winnie the Pooh baby shower theme. This beloved character is a favorite among little ones. Most adults also have fond memories of this cuddly bear and his troupe of friends. Winnie the Pooh is the perfect theme for a baby shower!
There are so many positives about this theme. It’s sweet, nearly everyone loves this Disney character, it’s gender neutral, and you can adjust it to your tastes. If you’re looking for inspiration and ideas for your Winnie the Pooh themed baby shower, you’ve come to the right place! In this complete guide, you’ll find everything you need to plan your shower!
Chapter 1. Winnie the Pooh Baby Shower Invitations
The first thing you need to do when planning for your shower is send out invitations. There are plenty of options for a Winnie the Pooh theme. You can either purchase premade invitations or make your own! Check out these free printable invitations made by Disney Baby.
For a do it yourself option, consider including this famous Winnie the Pooh, but modified to honor the mother-to-be:
“There’s something rumbly in ____’s tumbly!”
Add an image of the bear himself, including the details about the event, and you’re set! Just print them out on in Pooh-themed or baby colors, and you’ll be ready to send them off.
Chapter 2. Winnie the Pooh Baby Shower Decorations
You can modify your Winnie the Pooh baby shower to fit your tastes. Go with classic Pooh, using yellow, red and brown as your color palette, or you can adapt it to the gender of your baby by choosing a rustic, country theme or something modern! Pooh is entirely adaptable, which is the great thing about this bear. Decorations include some elements. Here are some great Winnie the Pooh baby shower ideas for your decorations:
- Tablecloth. Choose a plain colored tablecloth that matches your theme colors such as a pastel yellow, blue or pink tablecloth. If you’re going for a country Pooh style, opt for a gingham tablecloth in red or yellow. You could also leave the table bare, especially if you have a gorgeous natural wood table to use! After all, Winnie the Pooh is set in the Hundred Acre Woods, so a wooden farmhouse table needs little dressing up to fit in.
- Banner. Make your own banner by purchasing Winnie the Pooh themed fabric as well as some solid fabric in your theme color. Just cut them into triangle shapes and pin them up on twine to hang around. Alternatively, print out this great, free printable banner from Disney Baby on cardstock.
- Table Centerpieces. Create gorgeous centerpieces using marigolds in terracotta pots. Just modify the pots ahead of time by painting a rim of dripping yellow honey and printing the word “hunny” on each pot in black marker. See the Domestic Geek Girl’s blog for pictures and details on this one.
- Other Decorations. Welcome your guests to the shower with a sign at the entrance that says “Welcome to the Hundred Acre Woods!” You could even place this sign outside your shower venue. You can also get large cutouts of the Winnie the Pooh characters like Piglet, Tigger, Eeyore, the bear himself, Rabbit, Kanga, Roo and Christopher Robin to hang around. Going for a honey theme? Purchase round yellow lanterns to hang from the ceiling. Then, glue on a few small cutouts or pompom bees to turn them into beehive lamps!
Chapter 3. Winnie the Pooh Baby Shower Cakes
All baby showers should include a cake! With Winnie the Pooh as your theme, you can opt for a honey-themed cake or merely decorate the cake with cake toppers such as the Pooh characters. You can find the classic Pooh characters on Amazon. Many bakeries can also provide designs related to Winnie the Pooh. After all, it is a popular theme!
Section 1. Other Snacks
Offer a variety of snacks for your guests by including some additional Pooh-themed treats. Some great ideas include:
- A vegetable tray. Don’t just put out the veggies; label it as “Veggies from Rabbit’s Garden”. You can add a small cutout or print of Rabbit holding a garden sign with the label. Alternatively, display the veggies in clean terracotta pots and include your name on a rustic piece of wood.
- Honey bears. Put out a basket of the classic honey graham cracker cookies that are shaped like bears.
- Tigger tails. Make this treat by dipping pretzel sticks in white chocolate dyed orange. Then, add the stripes using regular chocolate. Voila!
- Honey punch. Instead of a punch bowl, use a pot that’s reminiscent of Pooh’s “hunny” pot. Add some bees around the bowl, and you’ve made a themed drink!
Chapter 4. Winnie the Pooh Baby Shower Favors
Thank your guests for their attendance with a small token of appreciation. You can quickly create your own favors by adding small thank-you cards to any of these items:
- Honey scented or beeswax candles
- Honey bears
- Bars of honey soap
- Small picture frames with Winnie the Pooh quotes or prints
- Winnie the Pooh stationery pads.
Chapter 5. Winnie the Pooh Baby Shower Games
What would a baby shower be without games? Friends and the mother to always enjoy laughing and getting a little silly with shower games. Here are some of our favorites:
- Pin the tail on Eeyore. Adjust this classic party game by switching the donkey to Eeyore.
- Have each guest draw a Winnie the Pooh character to the best of their ability. The mother to be can pick the winner!
- Have guests attempt to put a diaper on a stuffed animal Pooh bear…blindfolded! Time each guest to see who can do it the fastest.
Chapter 6. Winnie the Pooh Quotes
Display these adorable Winnie the Pooh quotes in your shower. You can add them as part of the food table’s display, include them on centerpieces, use them on your invitations or add them on your thank you cards.
- “Some people care too much. I think it’s called love.”
- “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
- “Sometimes the smallest things take the most room in your heart.”
- “A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside.”
- Piglet: “How do you spell love?” Pooh: “You don’t spell it, you feel it.”
- “A day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day.”
Chapter 7. Winnie the Pooh Baby Shower Gifts
Looking for gifts to add to a registry? When it comes to giving gifts appropriate for a Winnie the Pooh themed shower, the options are unlimited.
Really, anything that involves this loveable bear is a go. Aside from baby items such as onesies, blankets, bottles, and diapers, you can also go for toys and nursery items. Stuffed animals, mobiles, books and nursery art including the Winnie the Pooh characters are all great choices. If you’re feeling really creative, build a Winnie the Pooh diaper cake!
Organizing a baby shower is lots of fun, especially if you have many ideas to choose from. Now you should feel prepared and inspired to throw a Winnie the Pooh baby shower! Enjoy!
Feature Image Source: www.pixabay.com