We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Even though you have a few months to prepare, it is hard to know what you will need for sure when you bring that newborn home from the hospital. Gathering items ahead of time can relieve some of that anxiety and stress while helping you at those critical moments of adjustment.
Preparing to bring home your new baby can feel a bit daunting. Here’s an essential list of products new moms like you need to stock up on before your little ones come home. These tips will help you prepare for leaving the hospital, coming home, in the nursery and life on the go. ~Howdini.com
Preparing for the Hospital
Get ready for that trip to the hospital to ensure that you have a comfortable stay. Start by asking your doctor how long to expect your stay to be. Then prep for you and baby.
For Baby You Will Need:
- Weather appropriate clothing (hats, socks, mittens)
- Burp cloths and bibs
- Receiving blankets
For more, check out- Are You Missing These 7 Important Items From Your Hospital Bag?
Preparing Your Home & Nursery
Insert that “cute factor” with your theme of choice, but do not forget the little practical items…
- Swaddling Blankets
- Clothes (10-12 outfits for all those changes)
- Diapers (extra packs of newborn size, along with a diaper hamper or place to store them)
- Thermometer and baby medicine kit
- Bath time essentials- washcloths, towels, baby tub
- Bouncy seat or swing
- Soft toys
- Feeding pillow- reduces stress on your back, making you and baby more comfortable
- Bottles & Nipples- even if you plan on breastfeeding, it’s good to be prepared
- Bibs- store extras as baby will spit up a lot
On the Go
Your lifestyle will change, but there will come the time when you need to go out and bring baby along. Here is what you will need:
- Diaper bag- make sure you purchase one that is sturdy and easy to clean.
In the diaper bag you will want to pack:
- A change of clothes
- Burp cloth & bib
- Pacifiers- more than one in case one gets dirty or lost
For baby on the go, you will also need:
- Car seat- make sure the car seat is safe and installed properly
- Stroller- the easier to fold and unfold the better!
- Baby sling/carrier- keeps your baby close to you while freeing up your hands and arms
Wash all fabrics before you bring your baby home, so that they are safe and clean. And most of all, prepare your heart and mind for the beautiful new addition to your family!
Feel free to print this post and let it be your checklist.
Have something that should be added to this list? Share it in the comments!
1) Latest posts by Lori (see all)
- 5 Secrets for Handling Pregnancy Aches and Pains - May 20, 2019
- 8 Ways to Cut Down On Stress During Your Pregnancy - March 7, 2019
- The Bizarre Side Effects of Being Pregnant - February 19, 2019