What happens inside your body when you have multiples? A lot of expansion and stretching and change!
Many people became super curious about this after hearing of Nadya Suleman, a mother of octuplets. I mean, how can one woman carry eight babies? The below animation shows us what happened inside Nadya’s amazing body:
Inside Your Body With Multiples
- The uterus grows a lot larger than in a single baby pregnancy.
- Mom’s abdominal organs are compressed.
- The extreme stress on Mom’s body can put mother and baby at risk.
Look at that belly!
Octomom became famous for being a mom of many multiples.
It may look painful, but Nadya gave birth to eight premature but otherwise healthy children on January 26, 2009. Her body handled eight babies perfectly!
Whether you’re having multiples or not, I think we can all agree having a single baby is a miracle. Having multiples only expands that miracle.
Your body is a miracle, too. It was made ready to grow a baby and give birth. If Nadya can give birth to eight healthy children, you can give birth to a healthy child, too!
Also, check out How Twins Are Formed (And More Multiples)
Latest posts by Lori (see all)
- 5 Secrets for Handling Pregnancy Aches and Pains - May 20, 2019
- 8 Ways to Cut Down On Stress During Your Pregnancy - March 7, 2019
- The Bizarre Side Effects of Being Pregnant - February 19, 2019