How do you know when you should go to the doctor while pregnant? It is always better to be on the safe side and talk to your doctor when you are concerned. But, there are some things you should watch out for…
- If your baby is not moving
- You have a consistent headache that just will not go away
- You have swelling in your facial area
- You have problems peeing
- Vomiting of the severe variety
- Too many contractions too early
- Think your water broke
- High fever
- Unusually bright red bleeding
- Super itching
- Your mommy gut is speaking up
- Anything your doctor wants to see you about
Read More Here: Pregnancy: When to Get Your Ass to the Doctor
Read other articles from us
When should a pregnant woman have her first doctor visit and ultrasound?
Call an OB provider. Sooner rather than later. Latest to see the doctor is 13 weeks.
During your first prenatal exam:
- 6-8 weeks
- Thorough history
- Medications and Allergies
- Smoke? Work? Etc.?
- Physical Exam- Vital signs, weight, blood pressure, abdominal-pelvic- and breast exam
- Thyroid, blood count, HIV, etc
- Genetic diseases
Better to go to the doctor if you are feeling concerned. Find a great caregiver that allows you to easily state any concerns you are having. Cheers to a happy and healthy pregnancy!
Latest posts by Lori (see all)
- 5 Secrets for Handling Pregnancy Aches and Pains - May 20, 2019
- 8 Ways to Cut Down On Stress During Your Pregnancy - March 7, 2019
- The Bizarre Side Effects of Being Pregnant - February 19, 2019