Pregnancy can easily turn into a blur with one milestone after another.
However, there are some pregnancy milestones you won’t find in any books but you should celebrate nonetheless. How many of these pregnancy milestones should you receive a merit badge for?
- “Riding in public transport during your first trimester without throwing up” badge.
Some women escape the first trimester without nausea and the extremely heightened sense of smell, but most aren’t that lucky. If you actually managed to ride the bus or train without throwing up when your nose was on 368%, you definitely deserve this merit badge.
2. “Karaoke with no alcohol” badge.
Performing karaoke deserves a merit badge all on its own. When you can do it only on ginger ale, you’re a bonafide star.
3. “The proper bump” badge.
Finally, you’re starting to look pregnant and not simply fat and undergoing the aftermath of bad Chinese takeout. This is one of the best pregnancy milestones to celebrate!
4. “The maternity bridesmaids dress” badge.
Your best friend decided to get married while you were 8 months pregnant. Why she couldn’t postpone the wedding for another year until your back in shape you still don’t know and aren’t sure you’ll forgive her for but that’s another story. Collect your best friend badge and know that she owes you forever!
5. The “haven’t punched any strangers that have touched my belly” badge.
Why strangers still think this is okay to do is beyond me but, yes, it still happens.
Do these people know the amount of hormones coursing through your veins? Good for you for not punching anyone yet.
6. The “cough or laugh without peeing your pants” badge.
Enough said. Please step forward and collect your badge.
7. “That glucose test” badge.
The glucose test may be the worst thing a pregnant woman has to endure. You deserve a badge for chugging it down and enduring the sugar crash that follows. Keep in mind – this is one of the pregnancy milestones you can skip! There are alternatives to the glucose test that are much healthier, and more palatable.
8. The “complete baby registry” badge.
Staring down aisle after aisle of baby gear is enough to make any pregnant lady run for the hills. This much-coveted merit badge is not dependent on the time it took you to actually complete the task.
9. The “shave your legs/paint your toenails during your third trimester” badge.
Your belly can get big. So big that that if you manage to do any of the above activities you officially become the queen of pregnancy.
10. The “birthed a human” badge.
This milestone unlocks a whole new vest of merit badges.
Do you know of any other uncommon pregnancy milestones that deserve a badge? Let us know in the comments section.
First published at www.babble.com
Featured image source: www.rawalice.com
She provides her writing services independently and can be found odesk. When she isn’t hunched over a computer, she’s out being inspired by nature.
Latest posts by Leah (see all)
- 12 Questions you’re too scared to ask about your baby - February 27, 2019
- Do I Need an Episiotomy for a Natural Birth? - February 1, 2019
- These Juices will keep you healthy during Pregnancy - January 25, 2019