People want to support you and your new baby and get you what you need, thus the Gift Registry. But, if you are a first-time parent, you may have no idea what to put on your registry. You do not want to end up with lots of cute gadgets, but nothing that is really useful for you and baby. So, here are some great ideas to get you started…
Rookie Moms has three Must Haves to put at the top of your list!
- Car seat that can be used to carry baby around, such as Graco SnugRide or B-Safe (get new). Remember to have this properly installed before you go to the hospital to have that baby or they won’t let you take him or her home with you. Oops. Extra car seat bases are handy (but not essential) if you have more than one car.
- Stroller that can push around car seat – we prefer the bare bones snap-n-go models such as this Chicco stroller frame for the first 5 months. Advantage is that they are light and fit easily into the car (also great to borrow since it has such a short shelf life – thanks to Whit for lending me hers).
- Breast Pump – If you’re going to be a nursing mama, you’ll want a breast pump of some sort. If you’re not planning to ever return to work or be away from your bambino for more than a few hours, a small pump will serve you just fine (like a manual Lansinoh hand pump or Medela mini electric that’s teeny and zippy). Working moms, do yourselves a favor and get the big kahuna electric double pump (like the Medela Pump In Style or the lesser-known but equally delightful Hygeia Enjoye). Check to see if your breast pump is covered by insurance. ~Rookie Moms, Read More
Baby Registry Must-Haves by Michele
Since becoming a Mommy, I have received a lot of comments and emails from new Mommys and Mommy-to-bes asking for some recommendations of things to register for, or must-haves for those precious first 6 months. Here are all my “essentials”. I hope you find it helpful! xo
TheBump has your Registry 101 Checklist Here
Have something to add to the list? Let us know in the comments…
For more related articles read our other posts:
- Push gift ideas
- First-time mom registry must haves
- 6 Unique and Surprisingly Easy Easter Pregnancy Announcements Ideas
Latest posts by Lori (see all)
- 8 Ways to Cut Down On Stress During Your Pregnancy - March 7, 2019
- The Bizarre Side Effects of Being Pregnant - February 19, 2019
- 7 Ways to Boost Your Baby’s Brain Before Birth - December 13, 2018