Are you pregnant? Desperately needing to get a good nights sleep and want to find the best body pillows for pregnancy?
We’ve done the research and have come up with our top 5 best body pillows for pregnancy! Our growing baby bumps can give us all sorts of discomforts especially when we try and provide our body with much-needed rest. When considering a pregnancy pillow keep these things in mind:
- Cost – stick with a pillow budget. Some pillows can be quite expensive!
- Size – You will see from the research below that the majority of pregnancy pillows are large and take up a lot of room. Consider this when researching your pillow.
- Comfort – You want the pillow to provide comfort so you can hopefully get a good nights rest!
- Quality – Sometimes it pays to spend a little bit more money to get a better, long-lasting product.
- Shape and Design – There are many different pregnancy pillow shapes including a C-Shape, U-Shape, Bean Shape, and Wedge.
- What type of support will the pillow provide? – Full body support? Back? Neck? Shoulders?
- Can it be washed?
- Does it come with extra pregnancy pillow covers?
Best Pregnancy Pillows
The Benefits of a Pregnancy Pillow
- A pregnancy pillow provides support for your changing body. These includes your back, bump, neck, shoulders, legs, and hips.
- Helps to keep you sleeping in one spot that helps give you a peaceful, uninterrupted and comfortable nights rest.
- You can continue to use after your baby is born for sleeping, support while nursing or perhaps you could use if as a bed barrier for when your children are older to prevent them from falling out of bed.
- You can use a pregnancy pillow from any time. Start using the pillows early on, so you get comfortable with it before your body starts changing.
The 5 Best Pregnancy Body Pillows we like are:
[amazon_textlink text=’Leacho Snoogle Total Body Pillow’ asins=’B0000635WI’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’bbpreping-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’84127166-fffd-11e8-9e36-b10b00734ec8′]
Listed as one of Amazon’s best seller, the Leach Snoogle Body Pillow provides complete comfort and support for expecting moms from head to toe. The C-shaped design was developed by a registered nurse and mom to support hips, back, neck, and tummy. For ease of washing, it comes with a removable cover. For an additional cost, [amazon_textlink text=’you can purchase replacement pregnancy pillow covers’ asins=’B003D76KPQ’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’bbpreping-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’bf01b91b-fffd-11e8-86bc-a5a140ef863c’].
- Supports back pain.
- Improves sleep.
- Large and can take up a lot of space.
- Covers can be difficult to get back on pillow due to its shape.
[amazon_textlink text=’Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow (Full Size)’ asins=’B0010BBN7M’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’bbpreping-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’da634eb7-fffd-11e8-a734-1581a0f130c5′]
A favorite pillow for many moms that supports your entire body while you sleep. The Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow has a premium fiber that allows air to flow freely throughout the pillow. The generously oversized U-shape design allows you to stretch out supporting both sides of your body but more specifically your neck, shoulders, back, and hips. [amazon_textlink text=’Replacement pillowcases for the Comfort-U body pillow are also available’ asins=’B0009EU4US’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’bbpreping-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’f0d77182-fffd-11e8-8201-11659ffccefb’].
- Extremely comfortable.
- Great support pillow
- The cost of the Pillow is quite expensive.
- The cost of the replacement covers is expensive.
- Huge and takes up a lot of bed space.
[amazon_textlink text=’Boppy Pregnancy Wedge’ asins=’B00OIGTRKG’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’bbpreping-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’0b513ece-fffe-11e8-9448-dbdf47481025′]
Listed as an Amazon best seller for pregnancy, the Wedge Pillow is a firm and supportive pillow for your back and tummy. Because of its compact design, it makes it easily portable. Expecting moms can place it in the spot that gives her the best comfort. The cotton slipcover is removable and machine washable.
- Comfortable tummy support pillow.
- Compact Design.
- Can feel quite firm.
- May not provide support in enough areas at once.
[amazon_textlink text=’Today’s Mom Cozy Comfort Pregnancy Pillow’ asins=’B000M432IG’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’bbpreping-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’1c25b84f-fffe-11e8-a4d0-e33d4d1a5524′]
The large U-shape pillow is becoming a favorite with expecting Moms. It’s designed to cradle the entire body while supporting mom’s back and tummy. Today’s Mom Cozy Comfort Pregnancy Pillow includes a shoulder comfort system and is great to use while nursing your baby. The pillow and case have a 50/50 combination of polyester and cotton. The cover can be unzipped and washed, and there are [amazon_textlink text=’replacement pillow covers that you can purchase for an additional cost’ asins=’B00ZOL9RMC’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’bbpreping-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’2b24861d-fffe-11e8-83f9-17bd0341a956′].
- Contours body well.
- The pillow can help to reduce body aches and pains.
- Not as full and fluffy as other pregnancy pillows.
- Large and can takes up a lot of bed space.
[amazon_textlink text=’Pharmedoc Total Body Pillow’ asins=’B0153X1M14′ template=’ProductLink’ store=’bbpreping-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’42a97d3d-fffe-11e8-b39c-9d076f4b46c3′]
Pharmedoc’s Total Body Pillow is a luxury pillow made out of premium materials to support your body and help get rid of those aches, pains, and sleepless nights. It’s made with a 100% cotton cover and a superior interior cushion that helps provide support for sore necks, aching shoulders, and lower back pain. Research states it is the best pillow for side sleepers, back sleepers, and pregnancy sleep support. [amazon_textlink text=’A replacement pillow case is available for additional cost’ asins=’B01KIQH2VU’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’bbpreping-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’6dd7919c-fffe-11e8-84b7-2f07b28eacae’].
- Encourages a good night sleep.
- Good support for upper and lower body.
- The cover can be difficult to get back on the pillow after washing.
As with all products, it pays to do a bit of research first so you can be sure to find a pillow that fits within your budget and provides the support you need. Finally, all of the pregnancy pillows listed here have a 4+ star rating on Amazon, which should give you the confidence that you’ll find the perfect pillow to meet your needs. We hope our best body pillows for pregnancy reviews help you get a comfortable and relaxing nights sleep! Sources: www.amazon.com www.momjunction.com Featured Image Source: www.pixabay.com